PowerVisor is a powerful debugger and system monitor. I got the
source from the original author, Jorrit Tyberghein, over a year ago.
I fixed some bugs, implemented 040 support and tried to implement
060 support (still unusable).
My time is very limited, so I decided to put the current PowerVisor
on my home page for all the 68040 users. Here is a list of nearly
all new features in the current 1.43 alpha version:
Changes by Jorrit:
- old MMU 'watch' command renamed to 'mmuwatch'.
- new 'debug s' commands (see help file).
- new 'watch' commands (see help file).
- new 'wwin' command to open the watch logical window.
- Supports HUNK_RELOC32SHORT in load files.
- Supports standard LINE debug hunks. PVCOMPAT is no longer required
- New command SCREENMode [ ] (reqtools requester pops
up, when no arguments are given). ModeId included in SaveConfig.
- Two separate modules for 68030/68851 and 68040/68060 MMU support. The
68040 is supported.
- MMutree has got an optional argument to specify the logical start
address of the tree scan.
- SPecregs works with any CPU now (not very useful with a 68000 though).
- MMUWatch and Protect works with 040 (but currently not for 060).
There is only one problem when tracing an instruction, which is
accessing data in a protected page: The trace mode runs through the
Here you may download the current version, but you have to
install the old archive from
aminet/dev/debug/pv142.lha first and copy the new files over it.
Download PowerVisor V1.43alpha.
LZX archive. 135K.
Warning:Very early alpha version. There are bugs!
Frank Wille, March 1997.